How Can We Help?

< Back
If you haven’t already done so, you need to get home owner’s insurance in place prior to closing. If you are buying a single family home, the lender will not allow you to close otherwise. If you are buying a condominium or townhome, your association probably provides insurance coverage for the building, but you should also have insurance that insures the interior of the unit, your personal property, and provides you with liability coverage. This is critical! While the lender probably won’t require this insurance, a fire in your unit the day after closing could cause $100,000 in damage that you’re not insured for. Your house warming party will be long delayed.